HS Gesundheit is excited to offer current staff and students access to Covidence.
What is Covidence?
Covidence is a web-based software platform that streamlines the production of systematic reviews. It supports citation screening, full-text review, risk of bias assessment, extraction of study characteristics and outcomes, and the export of data and references.
The interface is intuitive and suitable for students and experienced reviewers. Covidence can save time on repetitive review tasks, enabling faster review production and more time for analysis and interpretation.
In Covidence you can:
- Import references - Covidence works seamlessly with your favourite reference managers like EndNote, Zotero, RefWorks, Mendeley or any tool that support RIS, CSV or PubMed XML formats. Covidence can automatically remove duplicates for you.
- Screen title & abstract - Breeze through screening with keyword highlighting & a lightning-quick interface. Covidence keeps complete records of who voted and supports single or dual screeners.
- Bulk PDF import - Transfer PDFs stored in your reference manager to Covidence in a few clicks.
- Screen full text - Decide quickly on studies in full text. Capture reasons for exclusion and any notes so you can resolve any disagreements quickly, with a click of a button.
- Create forms - Be in control and stay focused on your PICO question. Customizable extraction forms mean you only spend time extracting what you need.
- Customize risk of bias - Automatically populate your risk of bias tables by highlighting and commenting on the text directly in your PDF.
- Conduct data extraction - Extract data efficiently with a side-by-side view of your customized form and PDF. Then, when you are done, easily compare your form with other reviewers.
- Export - Covidence exports to all the common formats so you can continue your review in your preferred software.
- Collaborate - You can invite other reviewers (including external colleagues) to work with you on the project.
Why join the HS Gesundheit access to Covidence?
- Unlimited records for each review
- Unlimited number of reviewers for each review
How to join the HS Gesundheit account:
- Request an invitation to HS Gesundheit’s Covidence subscription using your university email address (email@example.com) via the self-sign-up link - https://app.covidence.org/organizations/3K_y3/signup
- An invitation will be emailed to you: click Accept this invitation
- Log in to your existing Covidence account or sign up for a new account (using your university email address)
After creating a personal Covidence account and joining the HS Gesundheit subscription, you will be able to sign in from anywhere by visiting: https://www.covidence.org/sign_in
Starting a review using the HS Gesundheit license
- Sign in to Covidence - https://www.covidence.org/sign_in
- Select “Start a new review”
- Select 'Which account do you want to use?", - HS Gesundheit
- Reviews created using the HS Gesundheit account will be visible to Covidence subscription administrators at the university. Reviews created using your personal account are only visible to you.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another HS Gesundheit account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage:
Working with review team members from other institutions?
Once a review is created, you are able to add co-reviewers.
- From the homepage (Your reviews), select the review you wish to add co-reviewers to and click on “Settings"
2. From the review Settings, navigate to “Add/remove reviewers”
3. Click on “Invite another reviewer” and enter your reviewer’s first name and email addresses to invite them
Getting started with Covidence
Covidence Academy is also a great resource containing useful ‘How to guides', step-by-step videos on Covidence features, and helpful links to additional resources.
When logged into your Covidence account, you can easily access support and help guides within Covidence by clicking the question mark in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.