Librarians at the UAB Libraries can assist you with planning, conducting, and reporting systematic reviews and other types of research reviews. To learn more about conducting systematic reviews at UAB, visit our research guide or request individual or group training.
How to join the UAB Libraries’ Covidence institutional license
You can create your personal sign in information with Covidence before or after joining the institutional subscription. To request access to the institutional account in Covidence, you must use your current UAB email address (@uab.edu, @uabmc.edu, or @peds.uab.edu).
1. Go to the UAB Libraries Sign Up Page
2. Enter your information (using your @uab.edu, @uabmc.edu, or @peds.uab.edu email address) and click “Request Invitation” link
3. Accept the invitation in your email
4. Log in to your existing Covidence account or sign up for a new account
5. If you have already joined the UAB Libraries’ Covidence account, you can proceed to Covidence, login using your UAB email and password, and access your reviews
Creating a review using the UAB Libraries’ unlimited license
After clicking the link “Create new review” you will have the option to use your personal account license or select the UAB Libraries account.
Reviews created under the institutional license will be visible to the administrators of the UAB Libraries Covidence account. Your personal account review(s) will only be seen by you.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another UAB Libraries account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage:
Getting started with Covidence
Logged into your Covidence account and need help? Click the question mark in the upper right hand corner to access support.
Working with review team members from other institutions?
For more information about inviting non-UAB reviewers to your review through the UAB Libraries institutional license, see adding reviewers.