Quick guide to Covidence
Creating your account
- University of Ottawa affiliated users can sign up for the institutional subscription by following this link, logging in with your University of Ottawa email (email@example.com).
- Click Request Invitation.
- You will receive an email from Covidence. Select Accept this invitation.
- Create your account by clicking Sign up.
Creating a review
- Select Create new review.
- Select No when asked “Are you creating a Cochrane review?”
- Name your review.
- Make sure that University of Ottawa is selected as the account. (If you do not see this account, repeat the step in the section Creating your account).
- Select Create Review to continue.
- Now that your review is created, you can invite reviewers by clicking Invite another reviewer.
- Enter your reviewer’s first name and email addresses to invite them.
- Before importing your references in Covidence, you should use your citation manager to save your references.
- Select all the references and export them in the RIS format.
- In Covidence, select the name of your review.
- Click on Import, in the Import references section.
- Import in to: choose Screen from the menu.
- Click on Choose file to select the file that you exported from your citation manager and saved on your computer.
- Click Import.
Duplicates in imported references
- Covidence checks for duplicate citations while the file is being uploaded and as well as against previous imports.
- To see the list of duplicate citations, click on View all duplicates in the Import references section.
- If the references are not duplicates, select the button Not a duplicate.
Additional information can be found on our Covidence guide: https://uottawa.libguides.com/covidence .
Any inquiries regarding Covidence can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.