This information is about Extraction 1. It is not currently possible to export data to RevMan from Extraction 2.
On 25 April 2023 Cochrane retired the RevMan 5 application. Head here to learn how this impacts you.
When using the Extraction 1 tool, Covidence continues to support the ability to transfer extracted data from Covidence to RevMan Web and Covidence to RevMan 5.
Exporting studies to RevMan Web:
Data extractions and quality assessments (Risk of bias) completed using Extraction 1 can be uploaded into RevMan Web. For more information please refer to 'How to upload your data to RevMan Web'.
Exporting studies to RevMan 5:
When you have completed the consensus stage of quality assessment and data extraction for each included study you're ready to export your data to Review Manager.
Watch the tutorial to see how it's done.
Covidence will export the following information to Review Manager:
- List of included studies
- List of excluded studies including the reason for exclusion
- Characteristics of studies which includes:
- Risk Of Bias table (decision, quotes and comments)
- Study identification
- Study design
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Baseline characteristics
- Intervention characteristics
- Outcome names
- Outcome comparisons
- We will let you choose which comparisons to include
- All outcome data collected is standardized before export
- Outcomes with multiple time points are subgrouped
- Any notes that were collected during the extraction process.
You will be asked to provide Covidence with your Review Manager file. The system will then modify the file with the information from your review and return it to you for download. The downloaded file is in xml format and can be opened using RevMan 5 by going to file>> open in RevMan 5 and choose the downloaded xml file from your local drive.
***Please note custom effect measures aren't transferred into a RM5 (xml) file. This might impact whether and how you use Covidence before transferring work to RevMan***
There's more information available on this in our Knowledge Base article ''General information for Cochrane authors'.