When you have completed the consensus stage of quality assessment and data extraction for each included study you're ready to export your data to Review Manager.
Watch the tutorial to see how it's done.
We will export the following information to Review Manager:
- List of included studies
- List of excluded studies including the reason for exclusion
- Characteristics of studies which includes:
- Risk Of Bias table (decision, quotes and comments)
- Study identification
- Study design
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Baseline characteristics
- Intervention characteristics
- Outcome names
- Outcome comparisons
- We will let you choose which comparisons to include
- All outcome data collected is standardized before export
- Outcomes with multiple time points are subgrouped
- Any notes that were collected during the extraction process.
You will be asked to provide Covidence with your Review Manager file. The system will then modify the file with the information from your review and return it to you for download.
***Please note the following information which may affect whether and how you use Covidence before transferring work to RevMan:***
Setting up custom effect measures in outcome tables
Please note the warning message which appears when setting up new effect measures in your outcome tables. There's also more information available on this in our Knowledge Base article 'General information for Cochrane authors'.
Updating Cochrane reviews in Covidence
At the moment Covidence only supports direct transfer of outcome data to new reviews in RevMan. If your RevMan file already has outcome data in it, it will not be possible to append new data during transfer; these sections will instead be overwritten when the Covidence export file is imported into RevMan. Any information outside of these sections, for instance a protocol, will be unaffected by the transfer, as there is no corresponding information or data included in the file imported from Covidence.
If you do want to use Covidence for your Cochrane review update, our user community has identified the following workaround as the most efficient method for transferring data from Covidence to an existing review in RevMan:
- export data from Covidence into a new RevMan file;
- import file into RevMan as a new review;
- cut and paste or drag information from the new file into the existing RevMan file to integrate the updated information.