Systematic Review Support
Librarians at Sladen Library can assist with formulating and conducting the searches, reporting according to PRISMA guidelines, and exporting citations. To learn more about conducting systematic reviews in general, visit our Systematic Review LibGuide.
How to join Henry Ford Health Covidence institutional license
You can create your personal sign in information with Covidence before or after joining the institutional subscription. To request access to the institutional account in Covidence, you must use your current HFH email address (@hfhs.org or @rad.hfh.edu).
- Click to access the HFH Self-Sign-On page.
- Enter your information (using your @hfhs.org or @rad.hfh.edu email address) and click “Request Invitation” link.
- Accept the invitation in your email – check your spam folder if the invitation doesn’t arrive in a few minutes. Please also keep in mind that the link is one-time use and will expire in ~30 days.
- Log in to your existing Covidence account or sign up for a new account, which will automatically link you to Henry Ford Health.
- If you have already joined the Henry Ford Health Covidence account, then you can log into Covidence and log in with your email and password and proceed to use Covidence.
**Important access note: If you leave Henry Ford Health, you will no longer be able to create new reviews under our organizational subscription. You will still have access to your personal account and can continue to access your existing reviews. To maintain access to your research, please be sure to add an alternate email address to your account.
Creating a review using the Henry Ford Health unlimited license
After clicking the link “Create new review” you will have the option to use your personal account license or select the Henry Ford Health account.
Reviews created under the institutional license will be visible to the administrators of the Henry Ford Health Covidence account. Your personal account review(s) will only be seen by you.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another Henry Ford Health account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage.
What is Covidence?
Covidence is a web-based tool that will help you through the process of screening your references, data extraction, and keeping track of your work. It is particularly useful for researchers conducting a systematic review, meta-analysis or clinical guideline.
Covidence offers monthly training webinars (registration required), along with 24-hour methodological or technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Covidence Academy is also a great resource containing useful ‘How to’ guides, step-by-step videos on Covidence features, and helpful links to additional resources. Their Knowledge Base can help you with Getting Started with Covidence with your review, or you can refer to their online video tutorials for assistance. Logged into your Covidence account and need help? Click the question mark in the upper right-hand corner to access support.