University of Manitoba Libraries is pleased to announce that we have purchased an institutional subscription to Covidence, a web-based software platform that streamlines the production of systematic reviews. University of Manitoba faculty and students now have free, unlimited access to Covidence. It supports citation screening, full text review, risk of bias assessment, extraction of study characteristics and outcomes, and the export of data and references.
Support will be provided primarily through Covidence. For 24-hour methodological or technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Covidence also offers monthly training webinars (registration required). For general inquiries, please visit their help page or refer to their online video tutorials. Logged into your Covidence account and need help? Click the question mark in the upper right hand corner to access support.
How to join the University of Manitoba Libraries’ Covidence institutional license
You can create your personal sign in information with Covidence before or after joining the institutional subscription. To request access to the institutional account in Covidence, you must use your current umanitoba.ca or myumanitoba.ca email address.
- Go to https://app.covidence.org/organizations/7Pkla/signup
- Enter your information (using your umanitoba or myumanitoba email address) and click “Request Invitation” link
- Accept the invitation in your email
- Please keep in mind that the link contains a one-time use 'Accept this invitation' button that will send you to a login page. Please check your spam folder if the email doesn't arrive in a few minutes.
- Log in to your existing Covidence account or sign up for a new account
- If you have already joined the University of Manitoba Libraries’ Covidence account, then you can log into Covidence and log in with your email and password and proceed to use Covidence
Creating a review using the University of Manitoba Libraries’ unlimited license
After clicking the link “Create new review” you will have the option to use your personal account license or select the University of Manitoba Libraries account.
Reviews created under the institutional license will be visible to the administrators of the University of Manitoba Libraries Covidence account. Your personal account review(s) will only be seen by you.
Use this account:
Making a Team
Once a review is created, you will be prompted to add co-investigators.
1. From the homepage (Your reviews), select the review you wish to add co-investigators to. Click on “Settings” from the review dashboard.
2. On Settings, navigate to “Add/remove reviewers”. Click on “Invite another reviewer” and enter your reviewer’s first name and email addresses to invite them.
Note that University of Manitoba reviewers are cautioned to not upload the full text of articles obtained through University of Manitoba subscriptions or document delivery to Covidence due to licensing and copyright restrictions. You may upload the full text of articles when they have been made available under terms and conditions which permit this use (for example, applicable Creative Commons licenses). Please contact the Copyright office (email@example.com) with any questions regarding sharing licensed materials.