To use Covidence, contact your medical librarian to open an account.
Covidence is a web-based tool, used to streamline the tedious task of producing systematic reviews. Covidence facilitates the process of screening articles for inclusion, while complying with the recommended protocols for producing systematic reviews. Covidence also works on mobile devices, allowing users to chip away at screening during small windows of time. At least one member of the research team must be based at Cleveland Clinic but Covidence allows for seamless collaboration across institutions.
Note: Including a librarian on the research team will improve the quality of the literature search, which is the foundation for a systematic review. Consult our Systematic Review Service page for details.
Systematic Reviews at Cleveland Clinic
Librarians at Cleveland Clinic can partner with you on systematic reviews. To get started:
1. Read about the systematic review process on our Subject Guide:
2. Complete our request form.
3. Email us to schedule a consultation.
Create a Review using the Cleveland Clinic Institutional Subscription
1. Login to Covidence.
2. Click “Start a new review.”
3. Name your review.
4. Select the Cleveland Clinic account.
Reviews created under the institutional license will be visible to the administrators of the Cleveland Clinic Covidence account. Your personal account review(s) will only be seen by you.
1. After creating a review, click “Settings.”
2. Click “Add/remove reviewers.”
3. Click “Invite another reviewer.”
4. Additional reviewers do not have to be affiliated with Cleveland Clinic.
Help with Covidence