Systematic Reviews at UIC
To get started, read about the systematic review process on the UIC Library’s research guide.
How to join UIC’s Covidence institutional license
You can create your personal sign-in information with Covidence before or after joining the institutional subscription. To request access to the institutional account in Covidence, you must use your current UIC email address (@uic.edu).
- Go to https://app.covidence.org/organizations/aRrD3/signup
- Enter your information (using your @uic.edu email address) and click “Request Invitation” link
- Accept the invitation in your email – check your spam folder if the invitation doesn’t arrive in a few minutes. Please also keep in mind that the link is one-time use and will expire in ~30 days
- Log in to your existing Covidence account or sign up for a new account, which will automatically link you to UIC’s account
- If you have already joined the UIC Covidence account, then you can log into Covidence with your email and password and proceed to use Covidence
Creating a review using the UIC unlimited license
After clicking “Create new review” you will have the option to use your personal account license, if you have one, or select the UIC account.
Reviews created under the institutional license will be visible to the administrators of the UIC Covidence account.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another UIC account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage:
Working with review team members from other institutions?
Once a review is created, you are able to add co-reviewers.
- From the homepage (Your reviews), select the review you wish to add co-reviewers to and click on “Settings”
- From the review Settings, navigate to “Add/remove reviewers”
- Click on “Invite another reviewer” and enter your reviewer’s first name and email addresses to invite them
Covidence offers monthly training webinars (registration required), along with 24-hour methodological or technical support at email@example.com. Covidence Academy is also a great resource containing useful ‘How to’ guides, step-by-step videos on Covidence features, and helpful links to additional resources. Their Knowledge Base can help you with Getting Started with Covidence with your review, or you can refer to their online video tutorials for assistance. Logged into your Covidence account and need help? Click the question mark in the upper right hand corner to access support.