Covidence has five "lists" of studies: screening, irrelevant, full text review, excluded, and included. Each of these lists can be exported as an RIS file, which can be used in many reference manager programs, including:
- Cochrane Registry of Studies
Any notes that you added during screening will be included in this export. For studies on the excluded list, the reason for exclusion will export as a note.
You can also export your study lists to a CSV file. When exporting to a CSV, any tags added will be listed in a separate column. Notes will also export to a separate column.
To export a study list:
- Go to the Export tool, from your review summary page.
- Select which list you'd like to export.
- Select which reference manager you're using, or select CSV to export to Excel.
- Click Export.
- Wait for the file to prepare, then click "Download".
- Save and open your file.