Robert Gordon University is excited to offer current staff and students an unlimited institutional licence to Covidence.
What is Covidence?
Covidence is a web-based software platform that streamlines the production of systematic reviews. It supports citation screening, full-text review, risk of bias assessment, extraction of study characteristics and outcomes, and the export of data and references.
The interface is intuitive and suitable for students and experienced reviewers. Covidence can save time on repetitive review tasks, enabling faster review production and more time for analysis and interpretation.
Why join the Robert Gordon University institutional access to Covidence?
- Facilitate your research project/scoping/systematic review
- Unlimited records for each review
- Unlimited number of reviewers for each review
- Unlimited number of reviews
How to join the Robert Gordon University institutional account:
- Request an invitation to Robert Gordon’s Covidence subscription using your university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) via the self-sign-up link* (located further down this page)
- An invitation will be emailed to you (may need to check your spam folder if not in your inbox): click Accept this invitation
- Sign in if you already have an existing Covidence account with your university email address or sign up for a new account (recommend to use your university email as this will make it easier to affiliate with your university's licence)
After creating a personal Covidence account and joining the Robert Gordon University subscription, you will be able to sign in from anywhere by visiting: https://www.covidence.org/sign_in
Starting a review using Robert Gordon University unlimited licence
- Sign in to Covidence
- Select 'Start a new review'
- The NAMING CONVENTION for your review should be as follows -
'RGU School Initials_Year_Module Code or MRes/DPT/PhD/STAFF_Review title'.
SHS_2022_HSM045_Scoping review on Ex for Tendinopathy PALS_2022_PhD_Effectiveness of antibiotics for glue ear
4. 'Which account do you want to use?', select - 'Robert Gordon University'
Reviews created using the Robert Gordon University institutional account will be visible to Covidence subscription administrators at the university. Reviews created using your personal account are only visible to you.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another Robert Gordon University account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage:
*SELF-SIGN-UP LINK - https://app.covidence.org/organizations/3bY17/signup
Covidence offers a range of available resources and support to help you along the way with your systematic review process.
Getting started with Covidence - video tutorials that guide you through the initial area to get you started.
Covidence Knowledge Base - home to all of our comprehensive articles, instructions and advice to FAQ.
Covidence Academy - combines all of our learning material into a single space. You can easily navigate to find the latest ‘How to’ guides on the different types of review processes, step-by-step video tutorials on all stages of Covidence stages, and helpful links/tools to additional resources.
When logged into your account, you can easily access support and the comprehensive articles from our Knowledge Base within Covidence by clicking the 'Need help?' button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.