University of Bradford is excited to offer current faculty, staff and students an unlimited institutional license to Covidence.
What is Covidence?
Covidence is a web-based software platform that streamlines the production of systematic reviews. It supports citation screening, full-text review, risk of bias assessment, extraction of study characteristics and outcomes, and the export of data and references.
The interface is intuitive and is suitable for students and experienced reviewers. Covidence can save time on repetitive review tasks, enabling faster review production and more time for analysis and interpretation.
In Covidence you can:
- Import references - Covidence works seamlessly with your favorite reference managers like EndNote, Zotero, Refworks, Mendeley or any tool that support RIS, CSV or PubMed XML formats. Covidence can automatically remove duplicates for you.
- Screen title & abstract - Breeze through screening with keyword highlighting & a lightning quick interface. Covidence keeps full records of who voted and supports single or dual screeners.
- Bulk PDF import - Transfer PDFs stored in your reference manager to Covidence in a few clicks.
- Screen full text - Decide quickly on studies in full text. Capture reasons for exclusion and any notes so you can resolve any disagreements quickly, with a click of a button.
- Create forms - Be in control and stay focused on your PICO question. Customizable extraction forms means you only spend time extracting what you need.
- Customize risk of bias - Automatically populate your risk of bias tables by highlighting and commenting on text directly in your PDF.
- Conduct data extraction - Extract data efficiently with a side-by-side view of your customized form and PDF. Then, when you are done, easily compare your form with other reviewers.
- Export - Covidence exports to all the common formats so you can continue your review in your preferred software.
- Collaborate - You can invite other reviewers (including external colleagues) to work with you on the project.
Why join the University of Bradford institutional access to Covidence?
- Unlimited records for each review
- Unlimited number of reviewers for each review
- Unlimited number of reviews
How to join the University of Bradford institutional account:
- Request an invitation to the University of Bradford’s Covidence subscription using your university email address (email@example.com) via the self-sign-up link* (located further down this page)
- An invitation will be emailed to you (may need to check your spam folder if not in your inbox): click Accept this invite
- Accept the invite by logging into your existing Covidence account or sign up for a new account (using your university email address)
After creating a personal Covidence account and joining the University of Bradford subscription, you will be able to sign in from anywhere by visiting: https://www.covidence.org/sign_in
Starting a review using the university unlimited license
- Sign in to Covidence
- Select “Start a new review”
- The naming convention for a review should be as follows - 'Univ. of Bradford School Initials_Year_Module Code or MRes/DPT/PhD/STAFF_Review title'. Examples SAHPM_2022_STAFF_Comparing midwife-led and doctor-led maternity care SPMS_2022_PhD_Nurse leadership, nurse & patient satisfaction
- Select 'Which account...", - University of Bradford
- Reviews created using the University of Bradford institutional account will be visible to Covidence subscription administrators at the university. Reviews created using your personal account are only visible to you.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another University of Bradford account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage:
*SELF-SIGN-UP LINK - https://app.covidence.org/organizations/QBmP5/signup
Getting started with Covidence
Covidence offers short video tutorials in their Knowledge Base to help you get started. See Getting Started with Covidence and Main steps in Covidence.
Covidence Academy is also a great resource containing useful ‘How to’ guides, step-by-step videos on Covidence features, and helpful links to additional resources.
When logged into your account, you can easily access support and comprehensive help guides in our Knowledge base within Covidence by clicking the 'Need help?' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.