Librarians at The Royal Danish Library, Aarhus University can assist with planning, conducting, and reporting systematic reviews and other types of research reviews.
To learn more about conducting systematic reviews see (https://library.au.dk/forskere/systematiskereviews/) or contact your Subject Librarian (https://library.au.dk/forskere/kontaktbibliotekar/).
How to join The Royal Danish Library, Aarhus University institutional license
Employees and students at Aarhus University as well as employees at Aarhus University Hospital can join the institutional license. To get an invitation contact your library (https://library.au.dk/biblioteker/)
What is Covidence
Covidence is a web-based tool that will help you through the process of screening your references and keeping track of you work. It is particularly useful for researchers conducting a systematic review, meta-analysis or clinical guideline.
In Covidence you can:
- Import citations - Covidence works seamlessly with your favourite reference managers like EndNote, Zotero, Refworks, Mendeley or any tool that support RIS, CSV or PubMed XML formats.
- Screen title & abstract - Breeze through screening with keyword highlighting & a lightning quick interface. Covidence keeps full records of who voted and supports single or dual screeners.
- Upload PDF’s - Transfer PDFs stored in your reference manager to Covidence in a few clicks.
- Screen full text - Decide quickly on studies in full text. Capture reasons for exclusion and any notes so you can resolve any disagreements quickly, with a click of a button
- Create forms - Be in control and stay focused on your PICO question. Customisable extraction forms means you only spend time extracting what you need
- Assess risk of bias - Automatically populate your risk of bias tables by highlighting and commenting on text directly in your PDF.
- Do data extraction - Extract data efficiently with a side-by-side view of your customised form and PDF. Then, when you are done, easily compare your form with other reviewers.
- Export - Covidence exports to all the common formats so you can continue your review in your preferred software.
You can invite other reviewers and 2 reviewers can screen and assess the references.
Getting started with Covidence
Logged into your Covidence account and need help? Click the question mark in the upper right hand corner to access support.