The National Medical Library at UAEU is excited to offer current staff and students access to their institutional licence to Covidence.
What is Covidence?
Covidence is a web-based software platform that streamlines the production of systematic reviews. It supports citation screening, full-text review, risk of bias assessment, extraction of study characteristics and outcomes, and the export of data and references.
The interface is intuitive and suitable for students and experienced reviewers. Covidence can save time on repetitive review tasks, enabling faster review production and more time for analysis and interpretation.
In Covidence you can:
- Import references - Covidence works seamlessly with your favourite reference managers like EndNote, Zotero, RefWorks, Mendeley or any tool that support RIS, CSV or PubMed XML formats. Covidence can automatically remove duplicates for you.
- Screen title & abstract - Breeze through screening with keyword highlighting & a lightning-quick interface. Covidence keeps full records of who voted and supports single or dual screeners.
- Bulk PDF import - Transfer PDFs stored in your reference manager to Covidence in a few clicks.
- Screen full text - Decide quickly on studies in full text. Capture reasons for exclusion and any notes so you can resolve any disagreements quickly, with a click of a button.
- Create forms - Be in control and stay focused on your PICO question. Customizable extraction forms mean you only spend time extracting what you need.
- Customize risk of bias - Automatically populate your risk of bias tables by highlighting and commenting on the text directly in your PDF.
- Conduct data extraction - Extract data efficiently with a side-by-side view of your customized form and PDF. Then, when you are done, easily compare your form with other reviewers.
- Export - Covidence exports to all the common formats so you can continue your review in your preferred software.
- Collaborate - You can invite other reviewers (including external colleagues) to work with you on the project.
Why join The National Medical Library, UAEU's licence access to Covidence?
- Unlimited records for each review
- Unlimited number of reviewers for each review
- Full access to all the functions and features
Watch the 4-minute Introduction to your Covidence video with steps on how to join and start a review
How to join The National Medical Library, UAEU's licence account:
You can create your personal sign-in information with Covidence before or after joining the licence. To request and join access to the licence account in Covidence, you must use your current university email address (@uaeu.ac.ae).
- Go to https://app.covidence.org/organizations/7y9P5/signup
- Enter your information (using your @uaeu.ac.ae email address) and click the “Request Invitation” link
- Accept the invitation in your email (you may need to check your spam folder)
- Sign in to your existing Covidence account if you already have one with your university email or sign up for a new account (using your @uaeu.ac.ae email address)
Once you have successfully accepted the invitation, you can proceed to use Covidence
Starting a review within the licence account:
- Sign in to Covidence
- Select 'Start a new review'
- 'Which account do you want to use?', make sure to select - "The National Medical Library, UAEU"
Reviews created using the National Medical Library, UAEU licence account will have full functionality and feature to Covidence and be visible to the administrators. Reviews created using your personal account are only visible to you.
Once you have created a review or accepted an invitation to another The National Medical Library, UAEU account review, the title will appear in a separate section on your account homepage:
Covidence offers a range of available resources and support to help you along the way with your systematic review process.
Getting started with Covidence - video tutorials that guide you through the initial area to get you started.
Covidence Knowledge Base - home to all of our comprehensive articles, instructions and advice to FAQs.
Covidence Academy - combines all of our learning material into a single space. You can easily navigate to find the latest ‘How to’ guides on the different types of review processes, step-by-step video tutorials on all stages of Covidence stages, and helpful links/tools to additional resources.
Online Support Team - contact our team for support on your review by emailing email@example.com
When logged into your account, you can also easily contact the Support Team and the comprehensive articles from our Knowledge Base within Covidence by clicking the 'Need help?' button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.